What happens when I book a holiday apartment or a guest room?
Toftegården is a family run farm and the rental takes place privately. When you rent from us, we make sure that you receive a written confirmation and agreement with the Rental Terms / Policies on your booking by mail. Then you have 3 days to contact us if there is anything to be corrected or you want to cancel your order. You will be informed of important changes regarding your reservation. You have access to the apartment / guest room from 2 pm on the day of arrival, to 11 am on the day of departure, unless otherwise agreed. We are not responsible for activities outside the property’s grounds. If you are not satisfied with your holiday apartment or your guest room, then contact the landlord so we can find a solution to it. Read more about this below.
Description of the apartments and guest rooms?
Description of the holiday apartments and guest rooms can be found on our website: www.skagen.nu under the main menu “Rental”. The holiday apartments and guest rooms are of a standard character with fully equipped kitchen, TV, toilet and bath etc. Wardrobes and storage can be small in some of the apartments and rooms. The beds are all single box beds of 80-90 cm wide with duvets and pillows, but can be put together to form a double bed if desired. Bed linen and towels are included in the agreement, but you must prepare your bed yourself.
Final cleaning on departure?
Final cleaning upon departure is included in the agreement. We expect you to wash up and make a normal/light clean-up on departure, as well as place used linens and towels on the floor.
Self service on Toftegården means:
- You´ll be in charge of check-in and check-out (see “check-out” on page 3).
- You´ll make your own bed. Linen and towels are on the bed. After 3 days* you will be provided with new bedlinen and towels.
- You´ll keep your apartment/room tidy during your stay (final cleaning is included in the price). If you need a vacuum cleaner, you can find it in the utility room (Cleaning room) in Building B. Toiletries, kitchen rolls, tea towels, and a medicine cabinet can also be found there.
- You´ll sort the rubbish, paper and bottles into the containers near the gables in the garage.
- You prepare your own food in the fully equipped kitchen. Coffee and tea are provided. ( Supermarkets Brugsen, Aldi, and Netto are right by the railway station , and Skagen town also has Lidl and Rema 1000.)
- It is possible to order (when you book or under you stay) a traditional Danish breakfast.
- Football or cycling is not allowed in the yard .
- No loud music or other loud noise after 11:00 pm. Please respect the other residents.
- No smoking allowed inside the rooms or apartments.
- We are unable to accommodate pets at Toftegården as some guests may be allergic.
- Please do not bring furniture, pillows or bed linen out from the rooms or apartments.
- Feel free to use the yard and the terrace, but please clean up after yourself (if you use the cushions for the garden furniture, please make sure to put them back in the box again after use).
- We have a small gym that has space for a maximum of 2 people. You must be at least 18 years old to use the gym. Ask the landlord for the keycode.
- We have a gas grill you can use, which can be found near the bike parking.
We serve our traditional Danish breakfast buffet during our opening hours from 1 March to 31 October (in March, we refer our guests to Rådhusbageren). Breakfast is served in our meeting room / party room “STALDEN” in building B from 8.00 to 10.00.
Breakfast buffet in “STALDEN”:
To avoid Corona infection, we have introduced certain rules when we serve breakfast:
– If you feel the least sick with symptoms such as fever, cold and cough, then you are asked to refrain from the breakfast buffet.
– Guests must use hand alcohol on arrival at “STALDEN”.
– We regularly inform our guests about current precautions around COVID 19.
– We show with clear marking that you must keep physical distance in the room.
– We have safe serving containers for the food to minimize / eliminate the risk of infection.
If you did not order breakfast when you made your booking, you still have the option to purchase it. Contact us if possible , no later than 1 day before arrival For more information, read the information folder in the apartment / room when you arrive.
There is free parking on and around the courtyard (see GREEN marking on the information board in your apartment or room). Bicycle parking and sun terrace are located in the courtyard. Cots and chair can be used freely. On departure you can safely store your suitcases / bags in our locked LUGGAGE ROOM, entrance building B. We do not, however, be responsible for them. Get the key code from the owner or supervisor.
It is also possible to rent the entire farm and our party / gathering room if you are a big company or have to celebrate something. We have room for 28-30 people. Contact the owner for more information.
Smoking, pets and furniture / mattresses / bedding?
Smoking and pets are not allowed inside the apartments or guest rooms, as many of our guests are allergic. You can smoke freely in the courtyard, but please show consideration for our other guests. It is also not allowed to take furniture / matresses or bedding out in the courtyard or to the beach etc..
When is my booking binding?
Both you and the landlord are bound to the lease as soon as you have approved your booking. If you have made your booking yourself on Toftegården’s website, you will receive a rental contract and all information per e-mail and SMS text message a few minutes after you have approved your booking. If you have made your booking with Booking.com or Airbnb, you will receive a confirmation of your booking from them, and then Toftgården sends a rental agreement and information about the self-service and check-in per e-mail and SMS text message to the email address and phone number you have provided to Booking.com or Airbnb.
What if I want to cancel my reservation?
If you have made your booking directly with Toftegåarden Guest House, you can read about our cancellation policy in the rental agreement you have received. If you have made your booking with Booking.com or Airbnb, you can read their cancellation policy on their website.
Due to the current Corona situation etc. we have chosen to make our cancellation policies a bit more flexible so if you cancel your reservation 3 day before checkin at the latest, the cancellation is free of charge. If you want to cancel your reservation, please contact us via email or phone and state your name and reservation number upon contact with us.
When do I pay for my booking?
If you have made your booking directly via Toftegården Guest House you pay in cash on arrival at the farm, unless otherwise agreed. Please note because of our self-service arrangement, we have no payment card terminal at Toftegården and you must therefore settle in cash to the staff upon arrival. Cash can be withdrawn ATMs in the city. If you have booked through Booking.com or Airbnb, they are the ones who handle the payment and you pay directly to them.
What are my rights?
If the landlord does not hand over the holiday apartment or guest room in the promised condition or at the right time, you have the right to cancel the rental. Instead of cancelling the lease, you can request the landlord to reduce the rent. If you have complaints, contact the landlord as soon as possible, however, no later than 3 days after arrival. Errors that occur during the stay must be reported directly to the landlord so that the landlord gets a chance to solve it. If you are prevented from coming, you have the right to let another person enter in your place. The landlord must accept the person if the landlord does not have a specific reason to refuse. You must notify the landlord as soon as possible.
What obligations do I have as a tenant?
You should take good care of the holiday apartments and guest rooms and follow the rules, instructions and regulations that exist. You are responsible for any damage you cause to the property. You may not use the holiday apartment or guest room other than what was agreed upon at the time of booking, and you must not allow anyone to stay in the apartment or guest room other than as indicated on your booking. Extra beds can be arranged for a fee. If so, contact the landlord. We expect there to be silence in the yard after. 23:00 for the sake of the other guests and our neighbours.
What happens if we do not agree?
Contact the landlord directly with any complaints. Remember that your chances of obtaining compensation may fall if you delay the complaint. If the landlord and you do not agree, you can contact the Consumer Complaints Board.
War, natural disasters, strikes, etc.?
Both we as a landlord and you as a tenant have the right to cancel the lease due to acts of war, natural disasters, significant disruption of water – and energy, fire or other major events that neither we nor you could have foreseen or affected. We are obliged to pay back your money as soon as possible, full amount less the days you have had the Holiday Apartment or Guest Room.